What would a £1 billion+ devolution deal mean?
On 30 August the Government confirmed that a £1.14 billion devolution deal was available for Nottinghamshire, Nottingham, Derby, and Derbyshire. But what would that mean for our region and everyone who lives here?
It would mean from 2024:
• a new guaranteed funding stream for our region over the next 30 years. The true financial benefit could be in the billions.
• we could attract new investment and help our economy grow
• money for building new homes built on brownfield land
• money for housing to support the move towards net zero
• we could improve transport with smart ticketing and new concessionary fare schemes
• we could use a locally controlled adult skills training budget so it is better shaped to the needs of our area
Find out more